2 cups - pecan halves
2 cups - shortbread cookies, crushed into crumbs (about 10 oz.)
1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp. - heavy cream
4 tbsp. - light corn syrup
2 tbsp. - honey
9 oz. - bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
2 tbsp. plus 1 tsp. - bourbon
1 - vanilla bean
1/4 - cup sugar
1. Place pecans on a baking sheet and toast in the oven for 10 minutes at 350 degrees until fragrant. Set these aside and allow to cool.
2. Chop one cup of the pecans into small pieces and add to the shortbread crumbs in a large bowl. Set aside.
3. In a small sauce pot, heat together the cream, light corn syrup, and honey. Bring to a boil and pour over the chopped chocolate in a bowl. Let stand for one minute and mix to combine. Pour this mixture over the shortbread and pecans, and add the bourbon. Mix thoroughly.
4. Chill mixture for one hour in the refrigerator.
5. While mixture chills, slice a vanilla bean in half and scrape out the vanilla inside. Add to sugar and mix together. Chop the remaining pecans finely and add to the vanilla-sugar. Set aside.
6. Form the chilled crumb mixture into small balls with a teaspoon and roll them through the pecan-vanilla-sugar. Enjoy immediately or store in a sealed container for up to 5 days.
© 2017 Folkestone Inn. All rights reserved.
Folkestone Inn Bed & Breakfast
Scott & Toni Rowe Owners/Innkeepers
101 Folkestone Road
Bryson City, NC 28713-7891